
Mazel Tov to Chelsea and Ben, a lovely, spunky, wonderful couple married this past weekend. I'm sorry I couldn't be there, and I hope it was a blast! Many, many happy years wished upon you!
Everywhere, it seems, I am stumbling into view of wedding parties having their pictures taken, or gaggles of moms-to-be perusing the markets and enjoying a last quiet dinner out on the town. Just about every year I have a solid week or so where I feel like a single pinball trapped in the bouncing and zapping machine of LoversLand, careening around dreaming-eyed couples and bulging bellies.
Engagement ring fluttering--zing!
Wedding parting in the law quad sighting--snap!
Doting fathers carrying fresh-out-of-the-oven bundles of joy in the park--ZAPBINGBONGCHINGJACKPOT!!!
Whoa there biological clock. Do kindly hit the snooze button thank-you-very-much. I've got a few other things that need attending to first.
Europe, for example.

No comments:
Post a Comment