Sunday, June 10, 2007

Retirement

I appear to be in retirement.

You think I'm kidding? Consider:

-I am currently plowing through a stack of books that I've been meaning to read for years.
-I am toying with learning a new language.
-I got to bed really, really early.
-I sit on park benches in the middle of the day.
-I groan when getting up, sitting down, or climbing stairs.
-I go to the park--on a weekday--to read and watch kids play baseball.
-I am in search of a sun hat.
-I go to craft stores.
-Fishing is looking like a more and more appealing pastime.
-I go on "dates" where we go for walks at the Botanical Gardens... at 8 in the morning.
-I am considering brushing up on my tree and plant identification skills.
-I bake things and distribute them around the neighborhood.
-I am occasionally called in as a "consultant".
-I have lunch dates with former colleagues.
-I only work for free.

No comments: