Sunday, June 24, 2007

I am a bag lady

And not the kind that has no home and lives out of bags on the street (although, I will admit, there have been times where that as pretty close to the truth, or at least felt like it).

My life is a plethora of bags. If I don't put them away, they really start to take over. Think I'm kidding? Consider. Right now, in view in my tiny little living room, are the following bags:

-one tool bag (personally I would prefer a tool box--they serve a practical purpose by double as a seat--but it does hold all of the socket wrench sets and drill cases rather nicely).
-one messenger bag (the backpack of the recent graduate).
-one satchel-type purse (complying with my rule of always being able to carry a book).
-two saddle bags for my bike.
-no less than four canvas grocery bags.

The closet also contains one retired and in need of repair backpack (which will probably be of good use for field and studio work), and one school-issued "tuition rebate" laptop bag. In the bedroom there is one serious backpacking backpack with attachable daypack, one enormous I-can-easily-climb-into-and-zip-shut duffel bag with wheels that can hold the majority of my wardrobe, and one suitcase on loan from the grandparents (because, shockingly enough, I do not own a quality wheeled suitcase appropriate for traveling...versus moving).

Is it bad when most of the storage space in your apartment is consumed by bags, which are in themselves storage devices?

Goodness.

No comments: