Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Greeting card thickness denotes wealth

It must be true. You shell out an awful lot of cash for a box of decent note cards that, frankly, are not the prettiest in the world. Seriously. It seems like the less color, the more expensive, and the thicker they are, well, that's a clear sign that you have money.

Of course, even greeting cards have their limits, right? I mean, how thick can you really make a card before it's just ridiculous.

Much thicker than you might think.

Upon receiving a baby announcement from a not-to-be-named person, I wondered if they were sending ME a gift. But oh no, it's just one top-folded note card.

I think I might give it to a dog or small child as a chew toy. This thing has the pages of those cardboard children's books beat.

P.S. Tip: When sending thank you cards to potential employers after an interview, it may be a good idea to keep track of what kind of card you sent them (so that in multi-stage interviews you are sure not to repeat--in image or message--unless of course you have monogrammed stationary, but if I had the money for that, would I really need a job this badly? Rambling...).

No comments: