
Guys, brace yourself, or escape now while you still can. This is a frank "girl" issue, so be warned.
Why is it impossible to find bras in my size?
Yes, I realize that we're dealing with a plethora of variables here; cup size, band size, color, underwire/wireless, padding, straps, etc. But seriously, is a simple 34C in any other above-mentioned category too much to ask? I don't feel like I'm completely unordinary; I'm not exactly a flat-chested steroid fiend, but at the same time my selection of undergarments is not something that teenagers at Meijer at 1 a.m. attempt to fit their whole heads into as a sort of weird conjoined yammica (um...not that I was ever involved in such shenanigans).
Still, nonetheless, I search. 34As, 36Cs, 36"nearly C's", and the number of 42DDs out there is just a little concerning. I mean seriously, who are all these women with ridiculously huge breasts? Here's hoping that they all marry quality chiropractors.
I continue my search, through racks (metal ones that is) and piles and boxes until I'm up to my elbows in supportive wear that just isn't made to fit my needs. On one occasion I was lucky to be on my continual quest while a store employee was restocking the department, and I asked, somewhat jokingly, "Are 34Cs just a really popular size these days, or am I just the odd one out?" Her response: "We'll it's gotten more popular lately, and the manufacturers haven't really caught up."
"more popular"?
How can a bra size be "popular"? Maybe if I was shopping in exclusive boutiques right next to cosmetic surgery clinics and the Paris Hilton-meets-Baywatch icon of the moment happened to have this particular build and look oh-so-sexy, but we're talking department stores/everyday wear for the everyday woman. I'm pretty sure the great bosoms diety did not mix genes to meet his or her fashion desires they way a runway designer decides if the color orange is in this season. There are six billion people on this planet, about 3 billion of which are female, and probably a billion or so in search of some decent support that is comforting but not constricting, and attractive but not overpowering. I would suspect, given our diversity in every other trait, that there would be a fairly vast quantity of women, regardless of the season, continually in need of a something to fit their array of sizes and shapes.
So come on manufacturers, retailers, merchants of basic needs clothing. Consider my opinion. Diversify your options. And can I get something in nude wireless with a little bit of cover for under $30? I'd appreciate it.

No comments:
Post a Comment