I've worked solid for days--days that should have been days OFF. I'm exhausted. I'm done. And for no logical reason whatsoever, my mind is zinging. A thousand ideas in a thousand directions at once. No focus. At least with the smoke inhalation incident my close-to-drunken state had the element of an empty mind. This current state, however, still contains the same element of bluntness (as can be recalled by anyone who remembers me calling out a young skirt-chaser in front of a house full of said young skirts). Anyway...
I wish...
I wish there was a way beyond the page to empty my mind of these zillion thoughts, questions, considerations, to-dos. And, low and behold, there is a way. I wish to come home at the end of the day with this chaotic mind, and be guaranteed a chest and arms to melt into. I wish to know that, whatever that day threw at me, there will be eyes, hands, lips, words, no words... that never cease to make me smile, and make the confusion fade in importance.
I wish.

No comments:
Post a Comment