Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Confessions of a naturopath

Working with stressed out, poorly fed, poorly rested students, it's completely expected that my immune system be bombarded with germs and sickness. And I, being someone who attempts the all natural, have a whole list of remedies that I call to my aid (and suggest to others) when the cold and flu season hits.

-I down thousands upon thousands of milligrams of vitamin C, zinc, echinacea.
-I make and consume chicken soup.
-I drink tea with honey.
-I eat ginger, and kale, and other natural food power packs.
-I take baths (and, when possible, saunas) and bundle up in layers of sweat shirts and socks to burn the germs away.
-I consume water by the gallons to flush everything out of my system.
-I breath in eucalyptus, peppermint, lavender, to clear the congestion.

And in the end, before I go to sleep,
it's true,
I must confess,
I can't help it.

I take a shot of NyQuil.

No comments: