Fortunately I can figure out where most of this one came from, the different snippets of the past few days all balled up, my mind trying to sort though them like a defragging computer.
-Running in the dark=riding my bike in the dark (with no lights) two days ago.
-Running past herds of other runners=seeing the town flooded with runners yesterday evening (students are officially back).
-Fourteen tornados crisscrossing the horizon=some student yesterday mentioning all the tornadoes we've had lately.
-My grandfather adamantly taking down pictures from an outside wall because of the tornados, as I came sprinting in from running the trails at Walloon, and refusing to come in until the photographs and paintings were secured.
This one gets me. Symbolism of Papa Art securing the family? A lifetime of experiences as both tangible and fragile as photographs? I don't like having dreams about my grandparents, particularly in dangerous situations. At their ages (91 and 85 respectively), I'm always concerned about something my mind creates, seemingly influenced by outside forces, and not myself.
I'll need to check in with them today.

No comments:
Post a Comment