During a rather wet walk to school today I noticed a postman walking towards me, pulling an assortment of holiday cards and cataloges from his bag. As I glanced up the sidewalk past the carrier, I spotted a HUGE black cat running full-tilt after him. The creature was so big I almost thought it was a dog, and literally braced myself against the jumping attack of an excited K-9. As the postman (unphased by the cat) turned towards the next house on his route, the creature slowed. It was as if it was the older brother of Garfield, chasing mailmen down the street. To add to the cartoonishness of the events, when I got right up next to the cat (now stopped and waiting for the postal carrier to come around the edge of the hedge) he looked up at me and literally his eyes bugged out of his head. They got really big and seemed to project forward as he froze into an unmoving stare. Maybe it was the fact that, despite his unusual size, a being even larger than him was looming above complete with a yellow umbrella to enhance the Protector From Above image.
"Thou shall not hunt mail carriers."
Seriously, you can't make this stuff up.

No comments:
Post a Comment