Sunday, December 03, 2006

How the hell am I going to survive the next 145 days?

Remember that whole project that consumed my life this summer? Well I just unleashed its kid sister in the form of an entirely separate endeavor, although with eerie similarities. The ups of number two: more funding. The downs: less staff, if that's even possible. Not to mention that project one will still be running (probably with more strength next term than right now), project three (of course there's a project three) will take more time, coordination and management, and then there's project 4 (that whole other internship), and 2+ classes I have to take. Ahhhhh!!!!!

Considered methods for survival:
-adding another day to the week (anyone have a Harry Potter time turner on hand?)
-cloning myself (although I don't want to be the clone that has to go to class, so there might be ethical issues there)
-throwing my television out the window (probably the most realistic option, although the down side is that that dramatically reduces the number of human voices I get to hear in my apartment)
-moving into the art studio (I can multi-task sleep and community building, right? Keep your minds off the double entendres people)
-calling 911, knocking myself out, and then leaving a note for the EMTs requesting that they do not revive me until May.

Another option is to push as many responsibilities as possible into the months after April. This could include project 4 and one of my classes, but the fact is that a) that's a whole other term of tuition I would really prefer not to deal with, b) the class available during the summer could (gasp!) actually be useful for project 1, c) I need to be job searching during the summer, and d) I would be committing myself to another 14 weeks of school, even if it was only for one class, and I really really want to be done with school.

Yes, I know, I'm a problem-solver who's suppose to be able to figure out great solutions to situations like these. But could someone else handle this one for me? Please?

That time turner's looking better and better.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Hate to state the obvious, but how about saying "no"? ;) You're too good, Avi. So much so that it's bad ;).