Wednesday, February 06, 2008

I wish I had rubber boots

And not the fashion-approved-pink-argyle-with-matching-purse variety. Since when did prada play in the mud?

When I'm a little old lady, I will go out on days like yesterday, when the mid-winter melts cause the streets to rush with a thousand little rivers, and I will play in the streams. Like in the creeks by my parents' house when I was little, and the puddles in the sandy driveway, I'll use the heel of my rubber boots, and maybe a stick picked up from a nearby tree, and clear paths for the water to flow freely. I'll pull away the leaves and mud and debris hidden by the winter snow and carried with the melt until they catch, create dams, and cause a thousand inconvenient ponds and puddles to form along the way to wherever water travels.

I will play when I'm a little old lady, but hopefully I won't have to wait until then. Maybe I will play today.

No comments: