Night seven involved pizza, and wondering. It's sort of like the wonderings of "if a tree fall in the forest and no one is around to hear it", or "is an experience by yourself as worthwhile as one shared"; if a holiday is observed individually, is it observed at all? I did light candles, but the latkes were traded for Mr. Pizza's walk-in special. Is it really observance if it's one woman, a menorah, and Scrubs?
Night eight involved Hill Auditorium and a premiere... of death. An entire performance inspired by burial grounds. I love music. I miss music. And even though it wasn't the most cheerful of concerts (although still soliciting emotional reactions), it was still vibrant. What is it about our culture that hides death? I wonder what it is like, to consider this aspect of existence through the eyes of another part of the world.

No comments:
Post a Comment