Thursday, February 15, 2007

"I've gotta get me some snow tires... for my bike???"

I don't care if proper tires actually give you a good deal of grip, or if it's so much faster than walking, or so much cheaper than driving. Being on a bike on roads where pavement is barely visible (if at all) under a slick of snow is NOT safe. I'm not even worried about being on the bike and falling off--the snow on the ground might help cushion the blow. I'm worried about the fact that CARS don't necessarily have the best ability to swerve or stop on snowy roads. It took me a while to trust the drivers on some of these major thoroughfares not to accidentally weave a little too close to the bike lane on dry pavement, now they might not have ANY control in the matter.

Kudos to everyone wearing their helmets these days, but for my sanity guys, please, if there's a blizzard, just walk.

No comments: