"...you move to fast.
Gotta make the morning last
just
kicking down
the cobble stone,
looking for fun and feeling groovy..."
Well life has once again smacked me upside the head and told me that I was getting a solidly failing grade in my long ago plan to slow down. Fortunately I at least have the good habit of having these crashes--or now officially diagnosed "migraines"--after all the stress is done. So while spending a good six hours throwing up and contemplating if a baseball bat to the head would bring some relief is not exactly my idea of fun, at least it happened after I got back from Europe and was in a country that spoke "American" (then again, if I had been in France, England, or Germany, the health care would have been free. I can't wait to see what kind of a headache this round of medical bills brings forth. oh. joy.).
Must slow down.
Must slow down.
Only now I feel like I'll be letting people down. Of course I realize that my sometimes break-neck speed is unhealthy and is simply of no use to anyone if I end up past out on the floor, but I still wonder; how does everyone else do it? How do they always seem so strong? I wish I had their balance.
Sometimes I feel like and old soul, and other times I feel like I'm still twelve years old, and naive to the tricks of life that the big kids seem to have mastered so effortlessly.

No comments:
Post a Comment