Sunday, March 18, 2007

Drive-through Girl Scout Cookies?

So I was sitting outside last week, enjoying a few sunny rays while a friend of mine and I discussed and processed a variety of challenging situations that we are both facing. A U-M bus pulls up to the stop sign, and honks its horn repeatedly. I looked over to see the driver waving at a woman on the otherside of the three-way intersection--a woman who happened to be selling girl scout cookies.

She waved back, a green box of the trademark thinmints in her hand. The driver nodded. The bus turned left and, although there was no official stop, pulled over, passengers and pedestrians utterly perplexed. One of the girls working with the cookie selling queen rushed over to the bus, moments later emerged with cash, and the bus pulled away. It was faster than a timed Tim Horton's window.

Now how long do you suppose it will be before the girl scouts takeover the fast food market, and open their own drive-through window? Child labor laws anyone?

Now there's a moment to have a camera.

No comments: